Date(s) - 02-11-2018
09:00 - 17:00
Have you ever wondered how ICT can boost your research? Discover new possibilities of High Performance Computing, Machine Learning, Analytics Using R and Data management and computational workflows to do more with your data. The SURF Research Bootcamp is organized by the University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, Utrecht University and SURF.
During this hands-on ICT-trainingday you will experience high quality ICT-research facilities and you will learn the necessary skills to use them in your research. SURF and University of Applied Science Utrecht worked closely together to bring you this hands-on ICT trainingday.
This hands-on ICT trainingday is for researchers and research supporters from universities and colleges.
- 8.30 Registration
- 9.00 Opening Tineke Zweed (HU, Executive Board (CvB)
- 9.10 Beyond the average: analyzing real time behavioral data using a Machine Learning approach, Emmeke Aarts (UU, Assistant Professor, Dept Methodology and Statistics)
- 9.55 SURF Services for Research, Annette Langedijk (Community Manager Research, SURF)
- 10.15 Coffeebreak
- 10.30 Parallel tracks Part 1
Track 1 High Performance Computing, if your laptop is not sufficient
Track 2 Introduction to Machine Learning
Track 3 Analytics using R
Track 4 Data management and computational workflows
Read more about the tracks
- 11.45 Lunch
- 12.30 Parallel tracks Part 2
- 14.30 Coffeebreak
- 15.00 Parallel tracks Part 3
- 17.00 Drinks & bites
Participation in this event costs 75 euro per person, excl. VAT. Registration is mandatory. Please pay attention: maximum 30 people can participate in each track.